"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Mall

Cooper and I went to the mall today. I'm sure you're wondering what is so extraordinary about our visit to the mall that it warrants a blog post... Well, this was the first time I'd been to the mall since my last day as an assistant manager at Gymboree on August 26th. I set an all time "Melonee Record" for not going to the mall for almost two whole months. I live five miles from there and I used to be there multiple times a week, but I quit cold turkey.

Cooper and I rode the new high speed elevators up to the third floor and checked out the NEW kids play area. It was super crowded, but large and full of fun stuff! If only he didn't insist on screaming at the other kids when they tried to touch whatever he was playing with/climbing on...

In fact, it was such a productive trip to the mall, that not only did we play in the play area, buy a few things at Gymboree, and pick up a Cinnabon to take to Justin, but I also got a job while we were there! My manager and most of my co-workers from Gymboree are now at Pottery Barn Kids. I finally caved and will be joining them one night a week.

Maybe I'll have to trade my children's clothing habit for a home decor habit? Hmm...

Here are a few pics of Cooper playing... they aren't that great because I was trying not to photograph other people's kids... But, the pics were taken with our new digital camera! I'm still saving my pennies for a SLR, but we needed a new point and shoot to replace our broken one. So, in honor of our upcoming anniversary, Justin and I bought a new one at Costco last night! These are the first pics I've taken with it.




1 comment:

Carissalayla said...

oh Pottery Barn kids is my very fav (hint hint, wink wink!!!)