"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Chloe Funny

So, I embarrassed my five year old yesterday. She is the "princess of the week" in her class this week. Over the weekend, we made a poster all about Chloe and she needed to take it to school yesterday so it could be hung in her classroom. Because of the size of a piece of posterboard in relation to the size of Chloe, I wanted to help her take it to her class, despite her telling me she could do it herself and that I could just drop her off.

As we were walking down the sidewalk, a girl from Chloe's class spotted us and hollered to Chloe, so we waited for Erin to catch up and she and Chloe walked together with Cooper and I following behind. After a few minutes, Erin turned, glanced up at me, and then quietly asked Chloe, "why is your mom following us?!" Chloe turned and gave me an annoyed look, rolled her eyes and replied, "she thinks I need help carrying my poster."

Sorry Chloe, I'm sure it is just the first of many times to come that I'll be there to embarrass you!

4 comments:

Grossarths said...

Oh dear. Its already started and she is only 5??? That is hilarious! Good luck mom!

Carissalayla said...

I love that Chloe!!!

Grossarths said...

I'm so glad Cooper likes Jackson's new train. I think he should come over and try it out sometime soon! Seriously, we need to think of a time to get our families together. I keep saying that, and then time keeps flying by.

Jen said...

I am also officially un-cool. First Abby let me walk her to the school door. Then she said that the parking lot was far enough. Last week she asked if I could just walk her out the door!