"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ahead of the game

Cooper may not feel the need to use words very much, but he sure does feel the need to have a clean diaper (or no diaper). Two out of his last three poops have been in the potty! Yay Cooper!

There might be some truth to the adage that cloth diapered babies potty train sooner... we won't hold our breath until it is true though! In the mean time, I do need to go buy him a potty of his own... everytime I need to use the restroom, he beats me in there and insists that he sits on the toilet first!

disclaimer: I am not trying to force early potty learning on my child. He is leading the way and we are just following the signs and signals from him!

3 comments:

Grossarths said...

wahoo! That is fantastic! Won't it be nice to be out of diapers for a while! I hope he keeps this up.

Jen said...

Cooper is so darling. He is such a mini-Justin. Seriously that could be a picture of Justin. I wish I could give him a hug and kiss.

Carissalayla said...

oh my gosh Cooper has the cutest little body, I just want to scoop him up and kiss him all over!

okay and I have to admit that the words "Cooper the pooper crossed my mind"...sorry! But I have a Carter the Farter!!!

XOXOXO Oddles of love- Carissa