"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Justin's Favorite Month!

October is one of our family's favorite months of the year, but it is without a doubt Justin's favorite! If you ask him, he'd probably even say that he likes Halloween more than Christmas (I'm not sure if that is possible, but he says it is). So, we've been celebrating October this week! Monday night we had some fallish food, pulled pork sandwiches, and celebrated with a pumpkin shaped cake.

(no laughing at the cake. it tasted good.)

(yeah we use paper plates. 'cause we're fancy like that)


Tuesday night we started putting out our Halloween decorations inside the house. Justin set up his Halloween Village, err... I mean "Spooky Town." The black and silver wreath went on the front door and the purple and orange lanterns were hung in the front window.



Maybe we'll set up the cemetery in the front yard tonight.

2 comments:

Jen said...

We love Halloween too! The kids and I had a great time putting up decorations. Do you have your costumes yet? Dressing up is my favorite part of Halloween. I wish you guys could come to our Halloween party.

Melonee said...

Cooper has his... It is a Dumbo costume and it is the most adorable thing ever. Chloe wants to be a clown, but all the ones available to buy are cheap looking, so I'm going to make her one (wish me luck). I don't know if Justin or I will dress up this year.