"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More Kindergarten

The thought of Chloe going to kindergarten consumes most of my thoughts as of late. But, I'm trying to focus on the positive about it! I explained what recess was to her yesterday (at her preschool it was called 'outside time'), she was very, very excited about recess. We've been talking about backpacks and lunch boxes and scoping them out so we'll know what she wants when we're ready to buy it. She has been giving me on ideas of what she'd like to take in her lunch box to eat at school. Chloe and I have been checking out clothes and making a list of what she likes and wants to get (under my direction of course ;) ). I am excited to actually be justified in doing 'back to school' shopping this year! We're getting psyched up and ready for this. My baby is so grown-up.

Here she is looking all cute and grown-up after a birthday party on Saturday:

No comments: