"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Magical Poop

Anyone who has changed more than a few poopy diapers knows what I am talking about. I am not saying that the act of changing a poop diaper is magical, I am saying that sometimes baby poop seems to posess some kind of super-poopy properties. More specifically, flying abilities. And quite possibly the ability to pass through seemingly solid objects.

Take into account the events of this very evening: I had just changed Cooper into his night-time diaper when he started to tense up and grunt. (Note to self: Explore 'new diaper = urge to poop' phenomena another day.) So I put him down and let him run around and finish his 'business' wearing a new diaper and pajamas. When it was apparent that he was done, I scooped him up and headed to his room for a change. When I unsnapped his romper, I noticed a nasty smell. I looked down and discovered that I had poo on my arm, on my shirt, and on my shorts.(which were fresh out of the dryer.) After cleaning him (and me) up, I discovered that he had left 'deposits' on the floor of the kitchen and also in the office. I would like to point out that all of this occurred before removing his diaper and romper, and that he did not get anything on his own clothing in the process. Yep, I tell ya, sometimes kids have Magical Poop. (So much for eating my dinner while it was hot...)

No comments: