"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Gymboreeeeee and Kindergarten

So, I worked tonight. Not at my store, but one in another local mall since they are short on managers right now. Someday I'd like to quit... but in the meantime I keep trying to get demoted but that hasn't happened yet. I've decided that I'm putting my foot down at the end of August and will become a sales associate again (I'm a part-time assistant manager) and only work once a week. Chloe is starting kindergarten and will be gone much more than she has been before and I need to be around in the evenings when she is. And between her gymnastics, dance, and soccer, our evenings will be plenty full.

For now I'm trying not to think about my baby going to kindergarten. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it. I've been so involved with her schooling up until this point because we did co-op that I feel like I'll be missing out on so much of what she is learning and doing. Maybe I should volunteer to be room mom? Join the PTA? Homeschool? (ha, ha, ha) I'll have to figure something out!

No comments: