"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day!!

Chloe is not a happy camper today... School was canceled due to snow, which means her gymnastics class is canceled as well. These conditions would normally make a child quite happy, but not today. The past two days, Chloe has gone to school with temperatures in the teens. Today, not only is there actually any snow (except for the frozen crud left in our yard from Saturday night), but it is 36 degrees outside which is 20 degrees warmer than yesterday morning.
So, Chloe is upset, no school, no gymnastics and no actual snow to play in. And me? Well, I'm not gonna get all my errands run today, I can guarantee you that!
My Utah friends and family will get a kick out of this picture I just took of our "snowy" yard and road. Please note- the road is completely clear.

It had better actually snow today and it had better snow a lot!

1 comment:

Carissalayla said...

what a bunch of wimps in Washington I hate to see a REAL snow day!!!!