"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Thursday, September 25, 2008

An ode to my boy


I noticed last week that most of my posts seem to be about Chloe. Maybe it is because her pushy, er... I mean strong, personality just makes her seem to be the center of attention more often. However, despite her wishes, she is not our only child.

Cooper and I are just loving our one on one time while Chloe is at school. It is so much fun for me to get to be with just him for so many hours. He loves hugging, he loves "choo choos," "dars," and "tucks." He drives everything around the house... on the floor, on the walls, through the air. And he has a different sound for everything (because obviously a plane doesn't sound the same as a car or a train). Cooper is such a boy and I love it! He loves eating... the kid would eat all the time and he isn't picky about foods (like his sister).

We were a bit worried that Cooper would be lonely or sad when Chloe went to school. That isn't the case at all. On the second day of school, he grabbed Chloe's lunch box, marched to the front door and started harping orders in his jibberish and pointing to the van. I can only assume he was telling her to get going, it was time for school. He does this just about every morning now! He is very happy to see her when we pick her up, but he definitely is enjoying his mommy time and being king of the house (and playing in Chloe's room while she is gone)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my special time with Theo too and I love having my sweet girl and my rough and loud boy!