"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Monday, September 29, 2008

Don't you hate it when...

About 15 minutes ago, I wandered into the kitchen figuring that since Justin would be home from work soon, I'd start dinner. I've had it in my head for the past few hours that I'd make french toast for dinner. Easy, yummy and liked by the kids.

Whats the problem? No bread. The loaf on the counter consists of the end pieces and one additional piece and for the first time in a couple months we have no bread in either freezer. What are the chances?!

Now I need to quickly come up with something else to make for dinner!

2 comments:

Lena Baron said...

YES! I hate that!!!!

Hey, do you cloth diaper?

Anonymous said...

a little late...but I always try to have taco's fixings in the house. Taco seasoning, cheese, hard or soft shells and ground beef. They are super quick and easy and everyone likes them!