"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Monday, September 22, 2008

Dead Camera

Our digital camera died the other day... worked fine Thursday night but on Friday when I took it out of my purse to upload some pictures off of it, it decided it was done working. It won't read/recognize memory cards. So, that is my excuse for the lack of blog posts... I like to post pics with my blog posts.

On the subject of cameras, I've been saving up money to buy a Canon XSI DSLR. Costco has a great deal running until the first part of October that comes with a zoom lens in addition to the kit lens for $799... Between birthday money and part of our garage sale money I'm halfway there (don't think I'll save enough money in time to catch this particular deal) but now it looks like I'm gonna have to put money into a new point and shoot also. Man, I should have decided to "save up" for this camera a month and a half ago... before I quit my job and went on a budget! I would already be a DSLR owner!

Maybe Santa will bring me a new camera?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents have the Cannon DSLR and love it. Our DSLR is a Nikkon D70 and it is also awesome. I hope you get one soon!!! It is nice to have the point and shoot too because you can just keep it in your pocket when you are out doing something that you don't want to lug around the big one for.

Tiffany said...

This is the exact camera I have been trying to talk my husband into getting me for Christmas. I have been trying to tell him it's on sale, and knows the time to buy. I guess he has a couple weeks to decide...