"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving Decor


This year, I decided that I should "decorate" a little for Thanksgiving... normally once the Halloween stuff comes down, I wait a few weeks and then put the Christmas decor out. A trip to Walmart and Michaels later, I was pretty proud of my mantel. This is what it looked like:

I proudly showed Chloe and she quickly burst my bubble and told me it was "just ok." She said it needed a turkey or two. So, Chloe and I whipped up a couple turkeys! We made these "glowbirds."

Crafty Chloe


(I recently moved the play kitchen out of our kitchen and put a craft table in it's spot. I love it!)

Here are our Turkeys! Chloe's is the one on the right and mine is the one on the left.



And here they are lit up (with battery operated tea lights)!

1 comment:

Carissalayla said...

love it, ms. crafty mom!