"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Monday, November 10, 2008

Tater Tot Casserole


After listening to some friends of ours RAVE about Tatertot Casserole for the past 7 years, I decided to give it a try! Imagine my suprise when it turned out to be really yummy and my kids even ate it! Here is the super-easy recipe incase you want to give it a try:


Ingredients:

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 bag tater tots

shredded cheese

1 lb of ground hamburger meat


serves: 6 or 7


Brown hamburger meat. Drain. Add cream of mushroom soup (don't forget to add one can of milk if you are using condensed soup) and stir together continuously.


Let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.


Place mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish. Lay tatertots neatly on top of the mixture.


Place in oven on 375' and let the tater tots brown. (about a half hour)


Sprinkle with cheese; melt it in the oven and ENJOY.


Oh, and here is the humor part of the post... I was on the phone talking with my sister-in-law, Carissa, and she started to say to me, "I have to tell you about the most ghetto dinner ever that my kids and husband just love..." As soon as she said "ghetto dinner," tatertot casserole popped into my head. And yes, tatertot casserole is exactly what she was going to tell me about!

2 comments:

Carissalayla said...

and Ghetto is one of my favorite words since deep down inside we all know that Jeremy and I are really ghetto!!

I add frozen veggies to my tater tot casserole in case anyone needs some extra veggies that day-

Grossarths said...

Adding a can of green chilies makes it extra yummy too! I'm glad to hear we aren't the only ones that LOVE this dish.