"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Friday, January 27, 2012

My week hasn't been all bad...

Cooper goes to preschool Monday through Thursday in the the afternoon.  Chloe is also in school at this time, so that means that I get to have one on one time with my fabulous Miss Piper!  I know that both she and I enjoy our alone time to hang out with no other kids around. Some days, we even luck out and get to go out to lunch with Justin, just the three of us!  She revels in her alone time with us, walking between us, holding both of our hands and having our undivided attention.  It is fun to watch her be her own person, without her siblings around. I'm so grateful for her and her gigantic personality!

Hanging out, chatting with me, in the front seat of the van while we waited for Cooper to get out of school yesterday!

No comments: