"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Argh.

Last weekend, I developed a cold sore.  Now when it comes to cold sores, I don't get them like a typical person. Mine explode into a huge nasty sore within a day.  Normally, I can sense them coming and ward them off with L-Lysine supplements and Abreva before they manifest, but every once in a while I get one that is resistant to my cold sore fighting efforts.  When this happens, I have to go to the doctor and get a prescription for an oral anti-viral medicine... Valtrax.  Yup, the same thing you'd take for the OTHER kind of Herpes.  Lucky me, right?!  So, I have a lovely cold sore healing on my face.  On Monday, I slipped in the snow at Cooper's preschool and ended up with a nice stiff neck and sore upper back muscles.  Thankfully I have a husband that is willing to rub my back and help me take it easy (as easy as a stay at home parent of three can take it without interrupting life).  Today, Wednesday, I broke a tooth.  I have major anxiety about going to the dentist and now I can't put it off. While the tooth break is a whole corner of one molar, the upside is that it doesn't hurt, but the downside is that the break looks severe enough that I'll probably need a root canal on the tooth plus a crown and not just a crown alone.  

It just isn't my week.  It can only get better from here, right?!

1 comment:

Lena Baron said...

Ph I am so sorry!!! I hope things do get better!