"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Friday, March 13, 2009

Finally... the Mosaic Mirrors make their debut!

If you've talked to me within the past few weeks, then you know that I've been busy working on a project for Chloe's school's annual auction fundraiser. So, without further a-do, here are the much anticipated mosaic mirrors. I hope they fetch a pretty penny at the auction.

For those who haven't talked to me in the past couple weeks, I'll explain what I made. Each class has to come up with a classroom project and then it gets auctioned off to earn money for school. Chloe's teacher asked me to head the project and I reluctantly agreed! We ended up going with a project that had pictures of the kids instead of trying to do a project that 28 kindergartens all worked on. I got this idea from a mom who did the same project a few years ago for the auction. I took three Ikea mirrors (those cheapy 10x10 unfinished ones), painted them black (front and back), glued a collage of pictures of the kids to them, did a clear coat over the pictures, then did a glass mosaic over the top. I did not know how to cut glass, so it was a learning experience and I am greatful for the help from my aunt and mother in law!

The mirrors will be sold as a set of three. All 28 children are pictured on each mirror and then the kids signed the back of the mirrors.
I have no idea why blogger is uploading these pics sideways, but until I can figure out how to fix it, you'll have to cock your head to the side to see!








2 comments:

Lena Baron said...

That is SOOOO Neat!!! WOW! Well Done! Good to hear from you BTW!:)

Desiree said...

those look very cool