"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A big sigh of relief...

So, I'm typically a "one project at a time" kinda gal. Unfortunately for me, I've had more on my plate than that for the past few months. BUT, as of last Saturday- Chloe's birthday- I'm all out of impending projects, parties, and events to plan. YAY! With Cooper's birthday being in February and then Chloe's in March, I've basically been planning birthday parties since January 6th when I realized it was less than a month before Cooper's birthday. I also spent the month of February and half of March learning how to and working on those blasted mosaic mirrors for Chloe's school auction. And, as the Enrichment Counselor in our ward's Relief Society, I spent the past two months planning our Relief Society Birthday Dinner. I'm the primary care provider for my two wonderful children and I also work part-time outside the home.

I'm not complaining-- I'm just VERY happy that I've finished up a few projects and can relax for a little bit. We're even taking a vacation! Watch out Utah, were headed your way soon!

No comments: