"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Thursday, January 8, 2009

New chairs!

Last August, I posted about my dream Pottery Barn table that I found for a steal. Well, since then, our dining room has been in transition and a bit mismatched! We finally got rid of the HUGE computer armoire that had been in there and this week, thanks to a very generous Christmas gift from my grandparents, we were able to purchase six new chairs to match the table! I am so excited to see the room coming together! I'm not ready to post pics of it yet because A: Justin hasn't finished building all the chairs yet (yes, having to build them yourselves makes chairs more affordable!) and B: I don't have anything hanging on the wall where the huge armoire was and it is a large, blank, white wall! I need to find a large mirror or something...

Anyways, just thought I'd share!

(these are our new chairs, but obviously that isn't my house!)

No comments: