"A house does not have to be perfect to be a home of joy, a child does not have to behave perfectly to love and be loved, and every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value. Too often, I realize, we fail to see the glorious reality of the simple joy that abounds in the seemingly mundane routine of day-to-day living. Instead, we tend to idolize the past, idealize the future, and devalue the present.... What better way to show our appreciation to Heavenly Father for what we have than to embrace our lives, albeit 'ordinary' and 'unexciting,' with joy?"

--Winnie Dalley; Ensign, March 1998

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thank you Elvis! (for high cholesterol)

A big thank you to Elvis for adding the Peanut butter, Jelly and Bacon sandwich and also the Grilled Banana and Peanut butter sandwich to my diet. Last week 'The King' added one more amazing creation to my list of must-eats. By way of Atlanta's Vortex bar and grill, I bring you the Elvis Burger. 1/2 lb of choice sirloin, bacon, fried bananas, lettuce, tomato, and red onion, all slathered in warm creamy peanut butter. Just as messy and delicious as it sounds... In case you are wondering, no that is not my Pabst Blue Ribbon, I am drinking the water.

Also- I did pass up the opportunity to eat the 'Double Bypass Burger' which is 1/2 lb burger 4 slices of cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato, 2 fried eggs, and 2 grilled cheese sandwiches instead of a bun. Two of my coworkers ate this one in 4 minutes flat....Heart attack anyone??



1 comment:

Dena Person said...

Justin, don't forget Elvis died on the toilet!!!